Welcome to the Rose Blossom Blog Hop featuring the September Stamp of the Month, Paper Garden. We are really excited to show you our creations with this beautiful floral stamp set. This hop is a great big circle so you can pick it up anywhere and just keep hopping.
I love the big flowers in this stamp set so I made you a 5 x 7 card. Let me tell you the steps to building this card so that you can re-create it if you'd like!
- Create a 5 x 7 card base with Pomegranate cardstock (yes, this is a new and beautiful color!)
- Cut a 4-3/4" x 6-3/4" White Daisy cardstock. Using Bamboo ink and the chain link stamp from Paper Garden, create a background.
- Using the largest bouquet stamp and Bamboo ink, stamp the image off the let and right side of the paper. You are starting to build subtle dimension on your card.
- Next take the second largest bouquet and Bamboo ink and stamp twice in between the previous stamps and this will create a lovely background.
- If you have a cream colored organdy ribbon, layer it with Gold Foil Tape. If not, you can use just the foil tape. Place as shown.
- Cut four large single flowers at 2" and ten small single flowers on White Daisy paper using the Cricut Artiste cartridge (page 54). You will also cut eight leaves from the same page at 1". If you have an Explore, the Design Space file is https://us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/30744592.
- Stamp the large flowers and eight of the small flowers with Pomegranate ink. Stamp the remaining two small flowers with Bamboo ink. Stamp the leaves with Fern ink (yes, another new color!).
- Cluster and build the flower arrangements as shown. If you use Thin 3-D Foam Tape, you will be able to build a more effective cluster. Start with the large elements first when you build a cluster and then tuck smaller elements on, around, and underneath.
- I've used a scrap piece of ribbon for a bow. The little poppy-colored leaves (Poppy is a third new color!) tucked here and there are from the Sangria Complements. Because I love to cluster, I am overjoyed with the new complements!! I've also used resin flowers from the Sangria Assortment and Gold Bling Gems.
- You can use any sentiment you'd like, but I have used the new stamp set called Sending Love.
Now, it's time to move on to Lynn's blog where she has some amazing artwork waiting for you.
Thank you so much for stopping in and visiting our hop!