It's Sunday and time for a new challenge!! Be sure to take a look at the prizes for this month on my right sidebar. WOWIE - there are some good ones!! I LOVE designing for this challenge blog. I am challenged every week, and that is just incredible. If you've been scrapping for a long time like I have, it's good to learn to streeeeeetch!! So without further ado, here is the challenge this week at BLTS!
Quite the fashion disaster, don’t you think?! My husband laughed and laughed when I brought out this picture! Okay, now I think it’s quite the look, but back in 1982, it was really a good look! That BIG hair, BIG glasses, BIG faux fur coat, silver metallic dress. Really, what on earth was I thinking?! Stop laughing!! It's time to get on to the challenge…
“Fashion disaster challenge”
Create a layout about a fashion disaster, hair disaster, or social faux pas that happened to you. I've highlighted the options that I used:
1. Use an old school photo of yourself on your layout.
2. Use fabric or canvas on your page(s). I used twill fabric as a mat on my layout. It’s kind of fun to use because you can pull the threads on the sides. After I did that, I distressed it with Vintage Photo distress ink. In fact, all the paper is edge distressed and then age with Vintage Photo. I’ve also added a felt vine to my page.
3. Use one larger and two smaller photo on your page.
4. Use ribbon in a fun and/or unusual way on your page. There are so many great things to do with ribbon! it is not very original to put a piece across the layout as I’ve done, BUT I’ve knotted the same ribbon and used it as flower centers. The little butterfly was fussy cut from the paper behind the picture, and I covered it with glossy accents to give it a glass look.
5. Use the following as a page title, or the beginning of your journaling: “Quick, Call the Fashion Police!” Well, really what else can you say? I needed the fashion police and they were nowhere to be found that day! I printed this on vellum and aged the edges.
Items used: Cream Vellum and French Vanilla Bazzill flowers (Discount Cardstock); Le’Romantique and Fashionista paper (Graphic 45); Crocheted Ribbon (American Crafts); Felt Vine (Prima); Vintage Clip (Close To My Heart); Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Edge Distresser and Glossy Accents (Ranger)