Okay, now on the challenge for the week. You are going to be scrapbooking about the most influential person in your life. Chose a person, living or dead, whether you know them personally or not, that has had a big influence on your life, and create a layout about them. This person can be a friend, relative, historical figure, celebrity - anyone at all.
1. The photo must be black & white. If you don’t have a black & white version, change the photo to black & white in Photoshop, or take the photo to your local 1-hour photo and have them do it for you. You can also make a black & white copy of the photo at your local office store. If you do not have a photo of the person (if they are a historical figure or celebrity) find one on the internet and print it out.
2. Use at least one major circular element on your page - whether it’s the photo, photo mat, or other noticeable circular element.
3. Use paint or ink in a fun and unusual way.
4. Hand make your own flowers and use them on the layout.
5. Include hand written journaling.
Now doesn't that sound like a great layout? Here's what I came up with using options #1, #2, and #5. This is a layout of my son, Shane.
In case you can't read the journaling, I'll share it with you. "Since the day I found out you were in my belly, you influenced my every decision. Where I went, what I did, what I said, what I ate - everything. That continued on through your growing years, and it became second nature to think 'Shane' first. What I realized one day (and I can’t pinpoint the exact day) is that as much as I lived to impact your life, you were actually the one who influenced me. Your kindness, love for others, generosity, and willingness to be yourself made me a much better person."
Items used: Adornit Nancy Jane papers; Stampin' Up! ribbon; Bazzill and Prima flowers; Creative Imaginations epoxy stickers; CTMH gems
I do want to mention that there is actually another person in my life that has influenced me tremendously. That is my husband, Jerry. You know I was going to put both of them and my thoughts on one layout, but instead I'm going to do the exact page for Jerry and put them side by side in my book. These two men have truly helped me become the woman I am today!
Now it's your turn? I hope I see your work linked up over Better Living through Scrapbooking! Remember your scrapbooking is for a monthly prize - see that on my right sidebar. Also, if you are on Facebook, look for Better Living through Scrapbooking there. This is a truly wonderful website, and I think you are going to learn a lot about yourself through these challenges. That's what scrapbooking is all about!!