Oh what a wonderful new tool from Stormie Omartian! First I'll tell you a little background. I have been reading Stormie's books for years:
**The Power of a Praying Parent
**The Power of a Praying Wife
**The Power of a Praying Husband (this was a tool for Jerry)
**Lord I Want to Be Whole
**Praying God's Will for Your Life
**Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On
**The Power of a Praying Woman
Can you tell I've had a long relationship with Stormie and her wonderful work? All of these books have companion workbooks, prayer cards or books, and they leave you enough space for notes. I love her style of writing.
When I received her newest "Prayers for Your Adult Children," I felt like God has dropped another blessing in my lap and for my heart. If you've been reading, you know that Shane moved out on August 1st. Gracious, it was one of the hardest things I've gone through - letting him go and also adjusting to an empty nest. As the last couple of months have gone, I have adjusted well as I watch Shane taking life into his own hands.
However, I could never have come to that conclusion without so much prayer and God's loving arms. There are many more things I will have to pray for with Shane, but now I have been reminded of many things from Stormie's book (and these are her thoughts that I have taken from her book):
- We need to know that parenting never ends. It is 24/7 for the rest of our lives.
- We need to know we can't fix our children. Boy is that a tough one.
- We need to know that God can change everything. Boy, is His grace sufficient!
- We need to know that we have to stop blaming ourselves. God surely deserves more credit - go back and read #3.
- We need to know we have to forgive. We've got to forgive hurtful words, people that come into our children's path that are very good for them, and most importantly - ourselves.
- We need to know there is only perfect parent. And we have a direct line to Him through prayer.
- We need to be able to say - wholeheartedly - "for this child I prayed."
If you need a good guide fro prayer or just want to refresh your prayer life, I urge you to pick up one or more of these books. I will never forget how "Enough Light for the Step I'm On" helped me through some difficult times in my life. Truly we only need the faith of a mustard seed, jsut enough light for the place we are right now.
Okay, I will stop rambling! Can you tell how passionate I am about Stormie's work? May you be blessed today.