This week's Cuttlebug Challenge is to make a masculine card. I immediately thought of my "You" embossing folder for my husband, and I picked out some of his favorite colors and ideas to work with.
The embossing folder has words on it like crazy, wise, faithful, strong, big-hearted, kind. I consider my husband all of those things and so much more!! (Just don't tell him I think he is wise - he already beats me at every trivia game!!)
I picked out black accessories to match the desert sand paper, and I am wondering if you can tell that I've made a transparency card. This is how I assembled this card:
- First, I wrapped black hemp and spiral clip around the embossed desert sand piece.
- Next, I used two glue dots on the left side to attach it to the inside of the transparency card.
- Then the black ribbon around the whole of the card. That easily covers the glue dots.
- The sticker is rested on a scalloped circle (nestabilities) and glue dotted on the front of the transparency. Glue dots can then go on the back inside to more securely hold the embossed piece.
- The inside piece is secured with a glue dot vellum sheet. These are amazing and do not show through transparency. So the back of the card looks clear! I've got a sticker on the inside that says "Just Relax" and I've tied black ribbon along the length.
Hope you've enjoyed. I know this is one my husband will love!